Two Type and Components of IELTS for Australian Visa Migration Purposes
Undertaking English test for Australian visa (IELTS) will test your competence in four key areas of the English Language test.
The 4 key components are:
- Speaking (talking),
- Listening (hearing),
- Reading (reading), and
- Writing (writing).
When applying for an Australian visa, the average IELTS score you will need to achieve depends on the subclass visa. You may have a look at some examples below:
- Working Holiday Visa (subclass 462 & 417): Band 5.0
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457): Band 5.0
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187): Band 5.0 – 6.0 depending which stream
- Student Visa (Diploma): Band 5.5 – 6.0
- Student Visa (Bachelor / S1): Band 6.0 – 7.5
- Skilled Independent Working Visa: Band 6.0 – 8.0
You may not be aware but there are several substitute English tests that you may undertake if you are applying for a study visa for Australia, in order to enrol into an educational institution without having to complete IELTS. If you are not meeting the minimum English band requirement for Australia, you will most likely need to repeat the IELTS test, and hopefully achieve better results in order to meet the requirements for the institution you are applying to study at.
There are 2 types of IELTS tests, e.g) IELTS Academic and General IELTS. The difference between the two lies in the Reading and Writing sections. However, for Listening and Speaking it is more or less the same. The type of IELTS test you will be required to undertake depends on the visa pathway you are applying for.
Are you still confused about the IELTS English test you need to take? Listed below you will find some more information which will hopefully help you. If you are applying for:
- Study / Study in Australia: Academic IELTS will be required
- Work / Migration: General IELTS will be required
- Working Holiday: General IELTS will be required
- Other: Contact your agent or our senior migration agent can assist you.
- Once you have completed the IELTS English test, you will receive a certificate – Test report form in 13 calendar days. You may see an example of what an IELTS certificate looks like below:
P.S: If you have a look at the certificate above, you can see the results in the block “Overall Band Score”.
Education ONE is a registered education consultancy and we are ready to help anyone achieve their dream to study in Australia. With over 5 years’ experience, we ensure all applications submitted meet the requirements and that the process runs smoothly with maximum successful results.
If you have any questions about IELTS or the process you may contact us, we’re waiting, give us a call or send us an email.
Most of our clients’ problems start because they started their study plan in Australia without anybody telling them what they need to do and prepare.
By joining our free phone session, we will help you plan your journey and recognize obstacles so you can avoid problems that could jeopardise your chances to study in Australia. And we are offering it to you FOR FREE.