The Long-Awaited Relaxation of Border Restrictions: Western Australia Border Open in 2022
Australia’s borders have been closed for international students since 20 March 2020 to contain the rates of COVID-19 transmission. You may have had to postpone your study plans to Australia because of this, or have been studying remotely from your home country while waiting in uncertainty for the Australian border to reopen.
If you have waited for 20 months since March 2020 due to COVID-19 Australia’s Border Restrictions, Your waiting may finally be over by 2022. On 05 November 2021, the Western Australian Government confirmed the roadmap for the Western Australia border reopening for the first fully vaccinated international arrivals, including international students, set to be welcomed to Perth from February 2022.
The relaxation of Western Australia border restriction is subject to Western Australia achieving a 90 % double vaccination rate. Once the State achieves 80 % which is predicted to occur in December, the date of the Western Australia border open will be announced.
When the announcement was made, the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out rate of WA reached 65.9 %.
Premier Mark McGowan said this objective could be accomplished by late January or early February and a specific transition day to resume to domestic and international travelers would be reported after a 80 percent double dose vaccination rate was reached.
“This puts us in the best possible position to transition with minimal impact on our health, our economy, and our way of life,” Mr McGowan said.
Late labor force data once again shows that Western Australia’s economy is the strongest in the country, with employment rates at an unsurpassed high and record occupations development. Thus, international students entering Perth in 2022 will get access to unprecedented opportunities to acquire significant employment while studying and afterward great possibilities for your career or business.
Contact us Now to have a free career development consultation in Australia!
The State Government has clarified that the safety of all Western Australians stays the number one priority however is certain the timing is right to relax border restrictions. Additionally, it helps WA’s international education sector to line up with our partners in other Australian states and regions and will stimulate the active arrangements for the safe return of student visa holders, who make such important contributions to WA local areas.
Since July 2020, Western Australia’s international education sector has been developing an extensive and detailed Plan for the safe return of international students. The Plan has been revised and updated to guarantee alignment with the National Plan to deal with Australia’s transition to living with COVID-19.
A Project Team has been effectively discussing with the relevant State and Federal Government offices, including the Western Australian Chief Health Officer, to address the preconditions for the protected resumption of international student arrivals in Perth.
How will this Western Australia Border Open affect my study plan to Australia?
Before the announcement:
- Everyone who needs to travel to Australia must have hold a Travel Exemption in addition to a valid visa.
After the announcement:
- From when the 90 % vaccination rate has been reached in WA by February 2022, international travelers may travel without Travel Exemption.
Before the announcement:
- International Student Visa holders who are overseas can only study online.
After the announcement:
- By the border opening in February 2022, International Student Visa holders will be able to come to Australia by using their Student Visa, and recommence studying on-campus.
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the Western Australia Border Open in 2022
What are going to be the requirements?
International arrivals will be required to:
- Be double dose vaccinated (for eligible people);
- Return a negative PCR test 72 hours before departure;
- Undertake a test on arrival (to be phased out, pending a review);
- Complete 14 days quarantine in a designated facility (if high risk, e.g. unvaccinated people).
I am fully vaccinated. Do I need to be quarantined?
Vaccinated travellers are going to be permitted to enter without quarantine, provided they:
- Provide evidence of a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test taken in the 72 hours prior to travel;
- Provide proof of vaccination status or proof of medical exemption;
- Undertake a test upon arrival;
- The testing requirements are interim and will be reviewed.
No caps on the number of vaccinated arrivals.
What is required before entering Western Australia in 2022?
- Ensure you have a face mask, as they are mandatory on aircraft and at airports in WA unless you are under 12 or approved.
- All people arriving into WA from overseas or interstate, including returning WA residents, must complete a G2G Pass.
This G2G online application allows you to complete your mandatory registration and declaration, which should be done before entering WA to ensure authorities have up-to-date information about your health and where you’re travelling from.
What do I need to do to complete a G2G Pass?
- Visit G2G Pass.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Download the G2G Pass app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
What are the post-arrival baseline public and health measures?
- Mask-wearing in higher risk indoor venues, including public transport, hospitals, and aged care facilities;
- Using the SafeWA app or manual contact registers;
- Revised COVID Safety Plans for workplaces and Event Plans for large events;
- The requirement to show proof of vaccination to attend large events of 1,000+ people, nightclubs and the casino.
With those plans in place, Western Australian colleges and universities are optimistic. Make sure you do not miss any special offers for the first international students to enter Australia in 2022.
Why You Should Study in Perth, Western Australia?
- 3+ years Post-Study Work Visa when you graduate out of your degree.
- Perth has the nearest time area to you than other Australian capital towns
- WA is a pleasant and multicultural country with people originating from over a hundred ninety nations now calling WA home. 32% of Western Australians are born overseas.
- Perth is one of the most secure towns in the world and the control of COVID-19 has been performed successfully, so that you can’t discover a more secure region than WA.
- WA has one of the Strongest economies and the lowest unemployment rate in Australia. This means part time job availability for you while studying!
- Perth is the sixth most habitable metropolis in the world, has a lower price of living than other major towns, an amazing climate with great student support.
Besides, if you start your study online from your home country while the WA borders are still closed, you may be eligible for exciting scholarships from some WA Universities and colleges! Secure it while preparing yourself for the Western Australia Border open.
Make sure you contact us ASAP, and get:
- Murdoch University of Perth Welcome Scholarship – Online
- 2021 Welcome to Edith Cowan University Online Scholarship
- Curtin University Starter Support Scholarship
Get a FREE study consultation with our education specialists and plan ahead! Book for one here.
What we can do to help you?
If you are one of the students participating in the very first batch of international students to return to Australia, do not risk a Student Visa application refusal! Here is how we can help you!
- Along with our in-house Registered Migration Agents, ONE derland Consulting, we will be able to give you legal and professional advice on your chances of securing a Student Visa to Australia.
- We can guide you through each step of getting enrolled and securing your Student Visa worry-free! Get our completed document checklist tailored to your circumstances and study goals in Australia.
- Our experiences in securing travel exemptions for our clients who have compelling reasons to travel to Australia make us au fait with the latest Australian immigration regulations and more!
You may be one of the following batches of international students who can finally start your study journey here! If you are unsure of what the next step to prepare your dreamed education in Australia, or if you want to discuss your visa and travel exemption matters, book a FREE consultation with one of our education specialists or contact us, education ONE Australia, through email at [email protected] or via phone at 1300 083 663.
With years of experience helping students from many different countries, we will be delighted to assist you. Our Career Development Consultants will guide you, no matter how complex your circumstances are.
What are you waiting for? Contact us right now, and we can’t wait to see you in this beautiful country!
Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!
Most of our clients’ problems start because they started their study plan in Australia without anybody telling them what they need to do and prepare.
By joining our free phone session, we will help you plan your journey and recognize obstacles so you can avoid problems that could jeopardise your chances to study in Australia. And we are offering it to you FOR FREE.